Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday Morning Video: I Have a Poltergeist in My Computer and it Likes Half-Life 2

So because I'm sure I have developed some form of Attention Deficit Disorder and I can't focus my time on just completing Dawn of War II or Grand Theft Auto IV, or trying to crank out a review for anything, I decided to take a look at the latest version of SMOD: Tactical for Half-Life 2. SMOD is a big, crazy mod originally made by some Japanese fellow that adds things like more enemies, bullet-time, and silly weapons like exploding bananas and throwing scissors. SMOD: Tactical takes some of the coding changes of the original and makes the game more of a Call of Duty-ish experience with real-world firearms, ironsight aiming and a more realistic damage model. Except something really weird happened while I was playing it the other night:



The game crashed shortly after I escaped through the door, but at least it hasn't happened again since.

-K.

0 comments: