Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday Morning Video: Very Early Half-Life Footage

While I was playing through Portal again, the internet ablaze with Valve rumors, I recalled e-mailing John Guthrie, who used to run a popular site called Quake Command way back featuring the Quake mods he and his friend had made. There was an update one day that said he and his friend had been offered jobs by a company called Valve and that they were putting Quake Command on hold, which bummed me out, and I sent the e-mail asking if they'd ever go back to it. The response I received was "Maybe, if this Half-Life thing doesn't pan out."
Incredibly, their personal page on Valve's site still exists, along with the very rough, early footage of Half-Life I remember looking at before all the magazines started going nuts with coverage. Also here's the first bit of real promotional material I remember seeing. It's probably a good thing it got pushed back another year after that.





-K.

0 comments: