Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No Time for Love, Indie Games

So far the start of nearly endless big name releases has been a good one, kicking off with the latest Brothers in Arms game (If that counts), Hell's Highway, which was excellent. I'm now hip-deep in Far Cry 2 and Dead Space, which have both also been high-quality experiences. But since the train has now pulled into and come to a complete stop at Crazy Town Release Station, I've had very little time to survey what's new on the indie or purely free front, hence the lack of genuine Play This Now updates. If FedEx doesn't let me down, there should be a copy of Fallout 3 waiting for me when I get home, which means you should fully expect this trend to continue.
I have heard, though, through various news outlets, that the Pikmin-esque medieval fantasy game Overlord is available for free via GameTap. Granted I can't really give a very glowing recommendation towards it because all I played was the demo before it released, but I did enjoy that, and free is an extremely agreeable price tag. Basically you're a big, evil bastard running around with a big, evil bastard sword doing big, evil bastard things with your small, evil bastard goblins at your command, Pikmin-style. Where could that go wrong?

Also, keep an eye out, Penny-Arcade Adventures Episode 2 is supposed to release tomorrow, I believe.

-K.

0 comments: