Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday Morning Video: Dinner for Five

I don't really watch television, outside of an episode of Cash Cab or whatever else is on DiscoveryHD if I have nothing better to do, at least not a show that I am already aware of in which case I will be watching it online or purchasing it on DVD. Like any other human being I prefer to go about my life on my terms, and not have my entertainment time beholden to a rigid schedule, which is unfortunate for a show like Dinner for Five. I would always watch it when it was on, when I would remember that IFC was an actual network with shows on it, but it often slipped my mind, so much so that I had forgotten it existed until about a week ago and was long since over. The premise is simple: Director/actor Jon Favreau (Swingers, Made, Iron Man) sits down with four other celebrity guests for dinner and candid conversation, often both funny and revealing. Thankfully there are a handful of episodes on YouTube so I'm going to share one with you, where Jon sits down with Bruce Campbell, Rob Zombie, longtime producer Roger Corman and comedian Faizon Love. There's also another link to a different episode with Louis CK, Eddie Izzard, Will Ferell and Illeana Douglas in the Stuff You Should Like column on the right.







-K.

0 comments: