Monday, May 18, 2009

Play This Now: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

I'm unable to check this out for myself while I'm here at work, but I spotted a story over on Rock, Paper, Shotgun which has informed me that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is now available on GameTap for the low price of zero dollars. I have not jumped on to GameTap since a few months before Turner sold it to French company Exent, so I cannot speak to the quality of the service as it is today, but there are a couple of caveats: Apparently it does not support 64-bit operating systems and does not allow the use of mods. If neither of those presents a problem, by all means check it out, but if you want to give it a go with some of the mods, some of which improve the game significantly, it would still be worth it to pick it up on Steam.

Link, GameTap S.T.A.L.K.E.R. page

-K.

0 comments: