Thursday, June 12, 2008

Grand Theft Adventure

This is one of the strangest but most entertaining stories I've read about this year, and perfectly timed, because I was getting tired of reading news about Metal Gear Solid 4 to get my daily dose of batshit crazy.

My favorite part about the story is that their "official" site was on GeoCities. It's still there, I guess, but since more than three people visited it the site is currently down. I had just assumed GeoCities went out of business some time during the late 90's, but if I do get a chance to access their site I'm sure I'll be treated to a background composed entirely of a tiled animated gif of a skull and a rockin' MIDI tune. Come on guys, GoDaddy.com, it's not hard. The saddest part, though, is that this is infinitely more press their game would've gotten otherwise.

-K.

0 comments: