Saturday, June 28, 2008

Play This Now: Toon Crisis


So much to the surprise of no one Blizzard has announced Diablo 3, a series which I am not a huge fan. The gameplay video looks pretty and all, and there's some hope that they will be addressing some of my biggest beefs in the lack of variety, be it in quests, enemies or dungeons, though it doesn't seem to be doing much to change the entirely left-click based control scheme. I hope they can prove me wrong, because like the rabid following behind Baldur's Gate 2, I just have to assume it's something wrong with me. Here's another game which arguably has the same amount of depth in its controls, a Flash-based rail-shooter called Toon Crisis, in which the environments were taken from a dude walking around the streets of Soho but all the enemies are hand-drawn goofy critters. It's free, it's short, you don't have to download anything, and I like creative Flash games.

Link, Tooncrisis.com

-K.

0 comments: