Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Evolution Will Not Be Televised

I'm sure many of you have heard about it by now, but in case you haven't, you have until midnight this Sunday to check out Joss Whedon's latest offering Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog starring Doogie Howser and Mal Reynolds. It's slow to really get going and not the greatest thing he's ever made, but Whedon's goals are admirable enough, I just don't know if this is the kind of franchise to try to jump start these heady ideas of what the medium should become into motion. Things pick up when Fillion finally appears, but it really just made me want to go back and watch through Firefly again, which is not the kind of sentiment that urges me to rush out and buy Dr. Horrible merchandise.

At any rate, I'd still recommend checking it out, while you still can (For free, at least).

0 comments: