Tuesday, July 22, 2008

An Explosion of Useless Information

Even though I've got a link to it off to the side, I thought I'd throw it up here that Giant Bomb has officially launched. They're going to be another news and reviews site, but the bigger portion of it is an interesting sort of video game wiki or IMDb equivalent, with pages dedicated to games and then breaking off into locations, concepts, character, developer and individual pages. It's run by a quartet of ex-Gamespot editors, notably Jeff Gerstmann, who you may recall, if you're a nerd, was the longtime editor who got fired for giving Eidos' Kane & Lynch a bad review. They've got an entertaining podcast as well, so if you like video games it wouldn't be a bad site to check out from time to time.

Also, Chris bought Call of Duty 4, and we played it online before (and after) attending the midnight showing of Alien at the Tivoli (Which was awesome, but hot). That reignited the spark and I went out and bought it yesterday, and spent about two hours shooting guys in the face with an M60 and also screaming in frustration at the TV. Thanks a lot, Chris.

I'll just edit this in here, the complete series of Spaced finally came out on DVD here in the States today, I saw it advertised on Best Buy's site for $40 and I highly recommend picking it up.

-K.

0 comments: