Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Play This Now: Gang Garrison 2

Putting this up early because I had nothing to update with on Friday, hopefully I'll dig something else up for this week as well.

Probably the most entertaining entry in TigSource's Bootleg Demake Competition, Gang Garrison 2 is a 2D side-scrolling "demake" of Valve's Team Fortress 2, complete with all nine classes and online play. I'm sure most of you will find it immediately reminiscent of Soldat, except much more fun (I wasn't particularly fond of it). Though it's still very much a work-in-progress with only three maps, lack of any chat functions, the engineer can't currently build anything, lag issues and some crashing bugs, but hopefully they'll continue to iron things out and make it grow long after the voting ends and the competition is over. Even though I could fire up actual Team Fortress 2 I've been playing this quite a bit these last two days, because, providing you can find a server, it's really easy to jump into. Give it a shot and keep an eye on its progress, it's free and it'll take no time to download at all.

Download, gg2b19.zip (5.57 MB)

-K.

0 comments: